For over 50 years, the Dodge Charger has been an icon on the road in the Bergen County NJ area and beyond. The 2017 Dodge Charger is the ideal addition to that legacy because it provides a blend of new technology and vintage design inspiration.
With that being said, here’s what’s new in the Dodge Charger for 2017.
2017 Dodge Charger Daytona & Daytona 392
Returning after its 1969, 1975-1977, 2006-2009 and 2013 releases is the Dodge Charger Daytona.
This special-edition model brings back a vintage look and feel with unique Satin Black design cues on the exterior hood, roof, deck-lid graphics & spoiler.
You’ll also see a distinct interior with exclusive finishes and performance seats made of suede & leather materials for maximum comfort when driving on highways like I-287, the Turnpike and the Parkway.
The 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona uses the 370-hp 5.7L HEMI V8, while the Dodge Charger Daytona 392 ups the ante with the 485-hp 6.4L HEMI V8 under the hood.
Updated 8.4” Uconnect System
We know that staying connected to your vehicle is important. That’s why the 2017 Dodge Charger uses the all-new 4th-generation 8.4” Uconnect system.
If you use an iPhone, you’ll love the use of Apple CarPlay that lets you access Apple Maps, Messages, your phone and Apple Music via Siri Voice control.
Don’t worry Android users: Android Auto compatibility makes accessing Google voice search, Google Maps and Google Play Music so much simpler through the use of steering wheel-mounted controls.
You can also use both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the new 8.4” touchscreen that lets you use multi-touch gestures to tap, swipe and pinch for easier control while you’re behind the wheel. Other enhancements made to this Uconnect system include:
- Faster startup time
- Enhanced processing power
- More vivid imagery
- Higher resolution
- Sharper graphics
Other Changes For 2017
- New 19” Hyper Black wheel finish included with Rallye Package on Charger SXT AWD models for an even more muscular appearance
- Signature Houndstooth cloth seats are available on Charger SXT & R/T models for a more comfortable feel on any drive
- Updated exterior & interior badging, Low Gloss Black-finished 20″ 5-spoke “Lightweight 5Deep Aluminum” wheel design & Red LED SRT logo steering wheel illumination included in the SRT Hellcat for a more distinct look
- White LED SRT logo steering wheel illumination & Blind-spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path detection included in the Charger SRT 392 for added safety while putting the pedal to the metal on the highway
- Active Exhaust comes standard on all HEMI V8-equipped models, with the 5.7L HEMI V8 Chargers giving you the signature Dodge muscle-car sound
Even though some cool changes have occurred for the Dodge Charger in the 2017 model year, some things remain the same including the vehicle being named one of Strategic Vision’s “Most Loved Cars in America” & winning an ALG Residual Value Award for the 3rd year in a row.
Oh, and the NHTSA gave the muscle car a 5-star overall safety rating for its stellar performance in collision testing for the 2nd straight year. Please contact our dealership to learn more about the 2017 Dodge Charger and schedule a test drive at our dealership location just minutes from Rockland County NY on Route 17.